So first off, I am most definitely pregnant, 33 weeks plus 4 day to be exact. The reason I named my blog post as such is because I have been getting a lot of complements from family, friends and various people that I cross path with about my pregnancy glow.
I am not sure how much of it has anything to do with my pregnancy but instead how diligent I have been with my skincare routine the past 6 months or so. I have spent the past 14 or 15 months trying different products and have finally settled on a routine about 6 months ago. I am pretty happy with this routine and definitely have noticed a difference in the quality of my skin. Now if only had I started taking care of my skin in my 20s instead of my mid 30s. Also, something to note is that I NEVER wear foundation so my focus has been to even my skin tone and make my skin more healthy.
My morning routine:
- Wash my face with Youth to the People Superfood antioxidant cleanser. Now, I don’t always my face with a cleanser in the morning. I usually wash it with just water first and see how it feels. I don’t want to wash away all the natural oil from my face. However, it does feel more oily than I like, than I would
- Use this Rose floral toner to tone my face using this super soft cotton pad. A toner is important to restore your pH balance after cleansing your face.
- Eye cream is a must given my age, and this one by Fresh is my go to.
- Being in Florida, I get a lot of exposure to the sun so a good vitamin C serum is really important to me. I apply this vitamin C serum to my face and have noticed my skin tone more even and firm.
- Then I apply my favorite product of all time and it is this glow oil as my mositurizer. At first I was hesitant about using an oil but it absorbs really quickly and leaves my face glowing all day.
- One thing I wish I had done in my 20s is reduce the exposure to UV rays, instead of lying outside baking in the sun without any sun protection. I guess better late than never so now I always make sure I apply sunscreen on my face everyday, even on a cloudy day. I love this one from Supergoop as it is clear and applies matte on my face. It doesn’t feel sticky or leave any residue on my skin.
Shop Morning Routine Products
My night/after shower routine:
- I always double cleanse my face at night. The first wash is to remove my makeup and sunscreen and I use this one by Farmacy. The second one is to cleanse my face and I use the same one as in my morning routine.
- Use this Rose floral toner to tone my face using this super soft cotton pad.
- I apply this eye cream both day and night.
- I love this anti-aging night serum that I have been using the past year or so.
- Apply this glow oil as my moisturizer.
Shop Nightly Routine Products
Once or twice a week, I would use this facial peel. If you are just starting out or if you have more sensitive skin, I would use this one, which is a bit more gentle. The peel is great for reducing fine lines and wrinkles and brighten skin tone.
I also try to incorporate this overnight mask from one of my Youth to the People a few times a week. So instead of using the glow oil, I would replace it with this mask and leave it overnight. I love that this mask absorbs really well overnight and the next morning, you wake up with an instant glow.
Shop Weekly Routine Products
The key to good skincare is to be consistent. In the past, I have tried to develop a thorough skincare but never stuck to it or was never patient enough to realize the benefits of proper skincare. Also, I am a firm believer that skin care starts within so feeding your body with lots of water and proper nutrients will also help nourish your skin.
I hope you find this helpful. I am sharing you my specific routine and the products that have worked for me and my skin type. If you do end up trying some of these products, please let me know in the comments below what your thoughts are on them.
Thanks and as always XO,